Tuesday, October 12, 2010

In the apartment

There's a reason most of my posts have been about what we do on the weekend - on weekdays the girls and I do a lot of nothing.  Just hanging out in the apartment.  The weather's finally getting better, so we're going to try to head outside some more, but our first month here was pretty cold and gray.

Actually, instead of 'the girls and I', I probably should say 'me and the animals.'  The girls are constantly pretending that they're dogs, or kitties, or horses, or ornitomimuses (that would be Lily's favorite dinosaur at the moment).  The puppies need leashes and need to be walked and have to eat off a dish on the floor.  The horses need bridles and saddles.  I've made "nests" of boiled eggs for the dinosaurs to eat.  Sometimes I feel like zookeeper.

Here's a picture that Lily took of Maggie as puppy.
They also like to go "camping"
And do their own sort of dress up
And do some art projects
And, lest I forget, they play with pipe cleaners (I guess they're called "chenille stems" now, but I still call them pipe cleaners).  I wish I would have brought a suitcase full of them.   One night the girls staged a pipe cleaner wedding.  They worked so hard on it that I even bought them a cake to use for a wedding cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment